I am honored to have my first nomination for the Blogger Recognition Award! This is not only meaningful because it is my first award, but it is an award for work and dedication, from someone who knows what it takes, another blogger.
How Did I Get the Award?
I was nominated by Swati Sinha. I thank her for this honor and recognition. Please swing by and visit her fabulous travel blog at Recipe4Travel.
Blogger Recognition Award
How did my blog start?
Given that I rarely talk about myself via my posts, this may be a place to do so. I am publishing a book on North East India – a region often ignored. The travelogue titled Backpacking North East India: A Curious Journey brings forth stories of its incredible people, and highlights about two dozen, near-secret destinations to explore. While working on the project, I started to write on Quora and, to sustain the book publishing efforts, took up paid travel-writing assignments for media portals. One such client mandated authors with blogs. That is it.
Most good things in my life have been accidental occurrences. So is this blog. At a time when the 3-year old book project is reaching its finish-line (planned release later in 2017), Backpacking Series has offered a fresh alibi to continue to do what I want to – travel and write. That the vibrant blogger community is so welcoming and helpful makes it all the more enjoyable. Thank you everyone and, if you like what you see, please like and first-follow the related Facebook page and leave your comments. Look forward to interact with you!
Advice for New Bloggers (these are early experiences and thoughts to myself too)
- Think about quality, not numbers: Things take time and so will your blog. Following builds gradually. Do not rush the process. Enjoy it.
- Tag limits: WordPress considers a combination of fifteen (15) tags and categories. If you exceed this number, your post remains invisible in the WordPress Reader. Be aware, bloggers!
My Nominations – Roll of Honor
It is all about passing the award on! I am proud to announce these excellent blogs here.
- Anna Love Life – Travel and Outfit Inspirations
- Cook The Beans – Travel, Photography, and Vegan Recipes
- Dream & Wanderland – Travel and Lifestyle
- Caitlin Jean Russell – Destinations and Travel Tips
- Kima de Mizohican – Diversified Personal Blog
- I am not Home – Travel and Photography
- Wandering Ella – Travel and Food
- MelanatedButterfly – Travel and Photography
- RedHeadedBookLover – Book Reviews
- The News Specialist – News, Lifestyle, Entertainment and Events
- Moving Shoe – Travel and Photography
- Bon Voyage – Travel and Photography
- Increase Freedom – Travel Inspiration
- The Mountain Girl – Travel Destinations and Stories
- Magazu Travelling – Vanlife, Travel
All of these bloggers have put together some intuitive design with inspirational content. Their time and dedication shows! Congratulations to them, and please consider visiting their sites!
Here is What You Need to do Now
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 or more other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated and provide the link to the post you created.
Thank you, again, Swati for this nomination. Congratulations everyone, you deserve it!
Spread the love!